Body contouring is a business that helps people build any kind of body shape they want. It is a treatment that aids to alter specific body parts. This procedure is also referred to as body sculpting. Have in mind that body contouring might entail removing too much skin, trimming away too much fat, or altering a specific body part.
The size of the global market for body contouring business, estimated at USD 1,180.9 million in 2021, is anticipated to increase at a CAGR of 14.3 percent from 2022 to 2030.
Body contouring tools, which aim to alter a particular area of the body, can be invasive, non-invasive, or minimally invasive. Cryolipolysis, injectable lipolysis, radiofrequency lipolysis, and laser lipolysis are a few minimally invasive techniques that can be used to achieve this goal.
Steps on How to Start a Body Contouring Business in Texas
Table of Content
Conduct Market Research
Conducting a market-based research question that is consistent with your business aim and objective is the first stage in the research process for a body contouring business.
You should seek information that will help you maximize your business, and also make you understand what your potential market will be needing in body contouring. With research and proper information, you will be able to run your business with less stress and build it to profitability within a short period.
a. Who is the Target Market for Body Contouring Business?
- Music and movie artists.
b. Is Body Contouring a Profitable Business in Texas?
Yes, body contouring is a profitable business. This is because more people become interested in getting a smooth, toned appearance, and there is high demand for body contouring services, which makes owning a body contouring business beneficial.
c. Are There Existing Niches in the Industry?
No, there are no existing niches when it comes to the body contouring business.
d. Who are the Major Competitors?
- Sweet Body, Body Contouring
- Le Corps Body Sculpting
- Dallas Body Contouring
- Body Contouring Doll
- Xquisite Body Lab
- Discrete Body Contouring Spa
- The Body Sculpting Institute, LLC
- Austin Body Contouring
- MJ Magic Body Sculpting
- Sculpt Away Body Shaping Beauty Lounge
- Renew Body Contouring & MedSpa
- Icon Contour
- Esszential Body Contouring
- Element Body Lab – Dallas CoolSculpting Experts
- Body By Bae
- Body Sculpting & Aesthetics
- Body Contour by Lilianna
- DaVinci Body Sculpting | Houston CoolSculpting Spa
- Elite Body Sculpture
- The Healing Brand.
e. Are There County or State Regulations or Zoning Laws for Body Contouring Businesses in Texas?
No, there are no county or state regulations and zoning laws for the body contouring business in Texas, but players in this industry are expected to work with the regulations governing such business in the state where their business is domiciled.
f. Is There a Franchise for Body Contouring Business?
Yes, there are franchise opportunities for body contouring business, and here are some of them;
- Native Body Contouring
- The Bodyworks Ultra Lipo Clinic Franchise
- Body Dream Franchise
- Body Sculpting Clinics
- The Sculpting Shoppe.
g. What Do You Need to Start a Body Contouring Business In Texas?
- A feasibility report
- Business and marketing plans
- Business licenses and permits
- A good studio or lab facilities
- EIN (Employer Identification Number)/Federal Tax ID Number
- Startup Capital
Choose a Memorable Business Name
When looking to start a business, before you can begin to file the necessary documents with the constituted authorities or start your website, it is necessary that you come up with a name that you will be recognized with. It is essential that the name you come up with can easily be pronounced, is unique and easily memorable.
Some of the catchy business name ideas suitable for a body contouring business are;
Creative Body Contouring Business Name ideas
- Bliss Arena© Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Philomena Nelson® Body Contouring Lab, LLC
- Edna Glacier© Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Sharon Jonhson® Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Pink Bee™ Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Pure Beauty™ Body Contouring Lab, LLC.
- Juanita Byron© Body Contouring Studio, LLC
- Freda Morrison® Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Pretty Lady© Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Sally Richie© Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Ada Johnson® Body Contouring Studios, LLC
- Beauty Precinct™ Body Contouring Lab, LLC
- Ella Wellington® Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Superb Girl™ Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Beauty Zone™ Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Christine Buttler™ Body Contouring Studio, Inc.
- Ageless Beauty© Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
- Isabella World® Body Contouring Studio, LLC
- Georgia Victor™ Body Contouring Studios, Inc.
- Dame Vanessa © Body Contouring Lab, Inc.
Register Your Business
a. What Type of Business Structure is Best for Body Contouring in Texas?
There are several options available when it comes to a body contouring business, an LLC is the one majority of players in this industry considered best. Entrepreneurs prefer an LLC, in order to defend themselves in court.
b. Steps to Form an LLC
- Choose a name for your LLC
- File articles of organization
- Choose a registered agent
- Decide on member vs. manager management
- Create an LLC operating agreement
- Comply with other tax and regulatory requirements
- File annual reports.
c. What Type of License is Needed to Open a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
- General business license
- Health and safety permit
- Zonal permit
- Signage permit
- Operational state facility inspections.
d. What Type of Certification is Needed to Open a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
Currently, there are no federal certifications, national boards, or other license requirements in the US to practice and provide non-invasive body contouring procedures as a professional. You do not require a federal license because it is not governed by the federal government.
e. What Documents are Needed to Open a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
These are some of the legal documents that are required if you want to run a body contouring business in Texas;
- Business and Liability Insurance
- Federal Tax Payer’s ID
- State Permit and Building Approval
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Business License
- Business Plan
- Operating Agreement for LLCs
- Insurance Policy
- Contract Document
f. Do You Need a Trademark, Copyright, or Patent?
You don’t necessarily need a trademark, copyright, or patent to open a body contouring business. The nature of the business allows you to manage the firm without having any reason to sue anyone for using your intellectual property unlawfully.
Cost Analysis and Budgeting
a. How Much Does It Cost to Start a Body Contouring Business?
The cost of starting a body contouring business can be high, moderate, or low. It depends on the size of the studio and the number of body sculpture specialists you have; a normal body contouring business can cost anywhere from $50,000 to $250,000 or more.
b. What are the Costs Involved in Starting a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
- The total fee for registering the business in the United States of America – $750
- Legal expenses for obtaining licenses and permits as well as the accounting services totaling – $1,200
- Marketing promotion expenses (2,000 flyers at $0.04 per copy) for a total amount of $80
- The cost of hiring a business consultant (writing of business plans inclusive) – $2,500
- Insurance (general liability, workers’ compensation, and property casualty) coverage at a total premium – $2,400
- The cost of accounting software, CRM software, and Payroll Software – $1,500
- The cost of paying rent for 12 months at $1.76 per square foot in the total amount of – $45,600
- The cost of studio/facility remodeling – $15,000
- Other start-up expenses including stationery – $500
- Phone and utility deposits will cost – $2,500
- The cost of start-up inventory – $15,000
- The cost of body contouring equipment and tools – $23,150
- The cost of the purchase of office furniture and gadgets (Computers, Printers, Telephones, TVs, tables and chairs et al) – $8,000
- The cost of launching an official website – $600.
c. What Factors Determine the Costs of Opening a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
- The size of the body contouring business (studio)
- The choice of location
- The required licenses and permits
- The type of studio facilities
- The cost of branding, promotion, and marketing of the body contouring business
- The cost of furnishing and equipping the body contouring studio
- The cost of the insurance policy covers
- The cost of registering the business
- Source of your supplies and ongoing expenses
- Cost of recruiting and training your staff
- The cost of the purchase and customizing of uniforms, shoes, and caps for your employees
- The cost of the grand opening of a body contouring studio.
d. Do You Need to Build a Facility? If YES, How Much Will It Cost?
It is not compulsory to build a new studio facility for your body contouring business, but if you have the necessary funding, it will benefit you. The building or reconstruction of a facility will provide you the chance to design a facility that will fit into your business aims.
e. What are the Ongoing Expenses of a Body Contouring Business?
- Supplies (inventory expenses)
- Utility bills (internet subscriptions, phone bills, signage and software renewal fees et al)
- Equipment maintenance
- Salaries of employees
f. What is the Average Salary of your Staff?
- Studio manager (Owner) – $55,000
- Body sculpturing specialist – $45,000
- Cashier (Accountant) – $29,630 Per year.
g. How Do You Get Funding to Start a Body Contouring Business?
- Raising money from personal savings
- Raising money from investors and business partners
- Sell shares to interested investors
- Applying for a loan from your bank
- Source for soft loans from your family members and friends.
Write a Business Plan
a. Executive Summary
Ageless Beauty© Body Contouring Studio, Inc. is a neighborhood studio that will be located in a fast-growing community in Dallas, Texas. They have been able to secure a two-year lease of a vacant studio facility within the city’s major shopping mall, and are privileged to secure a facility with an option of renewal for 5 years at an agreed rate that is favorable to them.
Ageless Beauty© Body Contouring Studio, Inc. is designed and constructed to meet both the health and safety standard as recommended by the local authority.
Ageless Beauty© Body Contouring Studio, Inc. will offer services like;
- Aesthetic contouring
- Invasive contouring
- Noninvasive courting
- Nonsurgical skin resurfacing
- Nonsurgical skin tightening
- Cellulite treatment.
c. Mission Statement
Our mission is to establish a body contouring business that will offer signature services to all our clients – giving them the unique look and body shape they desire.
Our vision is to be among the top 5 body contouring business studio brands in the United States of America, as well as Texas.
d. Goals and Objectives
The goals and objectives of body contouring labs (studios) are to get rid of the undesirable and firm up the treated area of the clients.
e. Organizational Structure
- Studio manager (Owner)
- Body sculpturing specialist
- Cashier (Accountant)
a. SWOT Analysis
- Ideal location for a body contouring business
- Experienced and qualified employees (body contouring specialists)
- Access to business partners
- Excellent customer testimonials
- Different kinds of service offerings.
- Financial constraints
- A new business that will be competing with well-established body contouring labs (studio) and freelance body contouring businesses
- Inability to retain experienced and competent employees (body contouring specialists) longer than desired.
- Increase in the number of ladies and celebrities who would want to enhance their body shape.
- Online market, services, technologies, and the opening of new markets.
- The arrival of a new body contouring studio within our market space
- Unfavorable government policy and regulations
- Steady wage expenses will reduce industry profitability
- Economic uncertainty
- Liability problems.
b. How Do Body Contouring Studios Make Money?
Body contouring studios make money in the following ways;
- Aesthetic contouring
- Invasive contouring
- Noninvasive courting
- Nonsurgical skin resurfacing
- Nonsurgical skin tightening
- Cellulite treatment
- Training and consultations.
c. Payment Options
- Payment via bank transfer
- Payment with cash
- Payment via credit cards/Point of Sale Machines (POS)
- Payment via online bank transfer
- Payment via check
- Payment via mobile money transfer
d. Sales and Advertising Strategies
- Introduce your body contouring studio by sending introductory letters alongside your brochure to models, wedding planners, socialites, celebrities, and other key stakeholders in the city where your body contouring studio is located.
- Advertise on the internet on blogs and forums, and also on social media like Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to get your message across, so that the social media users or those who read blogs will know where to go when they need the services of body contouring.
- Create a website for your business, so as to give it an online presence.
- Directly market your body contouring business.
- Advertise your business in community-based newspapers, local tv, and radio stations.
- List your business on yellow pages ads (local directories)
- Encourage the use of word-of-mouth marketing (referrals)
a. How Much Should You Charge for your Service?
There is no fixed price when it comes to the amount body contouring studios charge. You can anticipate paying (on average) between $500 and $1,250 for a body contouring session. It is important to note that discounts for ordering numerous body parts and packages might reduce the cost.
b. How Much Profit Do Body Contouring Business Owners Make a Year in Texas?
If the body contouring studio can find regular clients and works 5 days a week, the income will be at least $60,000 per month or $360,000 per year. But if the body sculpturing specialist works seven days a week or more, these figures may increase, perhaps even by a factor of two.
c. What Factors Determine the Amount of Profit to Be Made?
- The capacity of the body contouring business
- The class of their clients (celebrities pay more)
- Location the body contouring business is covering
- The management style of the body contouring business
- The business approach of the body contouring business
- The advertising and marketing strategies adopted by the body contouring business
- The number of years the body contouring studio is in business.
d. What is the Profit Margin of a Body Contouring Service?
The profit margin of a body contouring business is not fixed. It could range from 35 percent to 65 percent depending on the type of services offered.
e. What is the Sales Forecast?
- First Fiscal Year: $350,000
- Second Fiscal Year: $460,000
- Third Fiscal Year: $520,00
Set Up your Shop/Office
a. How Do You Choose a Perfect Location for Body Contouring Business in Texas?
- The demography of the location as it relates to ladies
- The demand for body contouring services in the location
- The purchasing power of businesses and the residents in the location
- Accessibility of the location
- The number of body contouring studios, and other freelance body sculpturing specialists in the location
- The local laws and regulations in the community/state
- Traffic, parking and security et al
b. What City is Best to Open a Body Contouring Business in Texas?
- Dallas, Texas
- Bedford, Texas
- Austin, Texas
- San Marcos, Texas
- San Antonio, Texas
- Arlington, Texas
- Fort Worth, Texas
- McKinney, Texas
- Houston, Texas
- Georgetown, Texas
c. What Equipment is Needed to Operate a Body Contouring Business?
Body contouring machines, beds, decent lighting, disposable supplies, and a variety of pigments are among the essential tools you would need for a body contouring studio. Additionally, you will require a supply of PMU aftercare items to give your patients after an operation.
When hiring employees for a body contouring business, you should hire a competent studio manager, body sculpturing specialist, and cashier (accountant).
Launch the Business Proper
No contouring studio opens without first organizing an opening party to officially launch the business. You can do a soft opening party if you are operating on a low budget, or you go for a grand opening party in the location your body contouring business will be located.
With a proper launching, you will be able to officially inform people in your city that your body contouring business is open.
a. What Makes a Body Contouring Business Successful?
- Choose a good location and studio facility to launch the business
- Make sure you offer different services
- Be deliberate with your marketing sales approach
- Encourage the use of word of mouth to promote your body contouring studio
- Leverage all available online and offline platforms to promote your body contouring studio.
b. What Happens During a Typical Day at a Body Contouring Studio?
- The studio is open for the day’s work
- Equipments are put in order
- Walk-in customers are attended to
- Body contouring and sculpturing are done as requested by clients
- Inventory management
- Administrative work
- The business is closed for the day.
c. What Skills and Experience Do You Need to Build a Body Contouring Business?
- Excellent creativity skills
- Customer services skills
- Interpersonal skill
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Business management skills
- Bargaining skill
- Work experience in a body contouring studio environment
- Experience in managing people
- Experience in business administration
- Experience in handling different types of body contouring machines and kits, supplies, and other related products.